Bands you have to hear
Here is a list of some relatively low key artists you all need to be listening to because I rate them extremely:
- GABRIEL BRUCE, my favourite thing to come out of 2013 and though squirrelled away working on that difficult second album, his first was a Cave/Cohen disco pop infused bloodbath – and a beautiful one at that. Bonus points for being utterly incredible live.
- FELT TIP, jarring XTC flavoured indie pop, infectious and brilliant.
- HOT VESTRY, ridiculous brilliant ungenre-able punk synth flavoured music, purveyors of several masterful EPs and signed to Tim Burgess’ own O’Genesis Recordings
- THE ORIELLES, three spritely Halifax teenagers making wickedly enjoyable surf pop that put my own efforts at the ripe old age of 20 to vast shame
- THE DEATH OF POP, several Londoners making dreamy indie pop for lush singalongs and great vibes
- WOZNIAK, storm summoning Scottish shoegazers* making noise sound like art instantaneously
*the alliteration gods just screamed in pain, so did I